Phone: 504-341-5255 | Fax: 504-341-5545
1) Applications are taken from the 15th to the 25th of each month from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and again in the evening from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. At no other time will applications be taken.
2) To be eligible for housing you must pass a criminal history screening. If you have something that comes up on your record done within the last 10 years, you must have this cleared before we will consider placing you in housing. We will take your application, however failure to clear your criminal record could cause you to be ineligible for housing.
3) We do have a waiting list that already exists. If your application is approved, you will be added to our active waiting list according to the date and time order you applied for housing. You will be placed in the bedroom size list that accommodates your family size. You can check your number status on that waiting list from the 15th to the 25th of the month from the hours of 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. It is not necessary to call every month. Your number status will not change that often. At no other time during the month will this information be given either over the telephone or if you come into the office in person.
4) If you have any changes to make to your application during the waiting process, you must come in person or send the changes to us in writing. We will not accept changes in family status, address, telephone number, income, etc. over the telephone.
5) Each year we purge our files. We will send a letter to you asking if you are still interested in remaining on our waiting list. The letter will be sent to you each year within the same month that you applied. (For example, if you applied April 5, 2011 you should receive a letter from us in April 2012). This letter will ask you if you are still interested and ask you to list any changes you may have in your household, such as address, telephone number, income, family status, etc. You will have 60 days to mail your response in writing or bring it back to us at the office.
The letter must be returned for you to remain on the waiting list. We must receive it within the 60-day allotted time given to you or you will be removed from the waiting list.
I do understand the information given to me and I will abide by this notice and do what I need to keep my application active to remain on the waiting list.
FOR MORE INFORMATION - CONTACT US BELOW